Head of Product Design
Railsware is a software development company, building great web and mobile applications. We deliver full-cycle product development, from scoping through production to deployment and support, with strong attention to detail and uncompromised quality.
We are a team of T-shaped skilled craftsmen making a dent in software engineering universe: how software is product managed, designed, deployed and run. We’re mad about excellence, constantly staying on the edge of the technology - taking the best practises, changing and adapting them to fit our vision best. We never stop at just "good enough", but always strive for “great”.
At Railsware we believe that what makes a truly great team is sharing the same culture, same values and same core qualities. Large part of the culture is our contribution to the community through blog, conferences, open source, our own products and products we build for our clients.
We're searching for a talented and experienced leader for our design team.
Check out the opportunity >>> http://bit.ly/rwmsHeadofDesign
You are able to lead both vision and the team but you are also ready to get your hands dirty when it's needed. You attract amazing people as you love to inspire and motivate others. Moreover you’re the heart of the team and are always keen to grow and help anyone around you.
When leading - you lead by example, when setting the bar - you set it up high and make sure everything lives up to it. You think strategically and can take responsibility for the final result.
- 5+ years of experience in designing software
- Ability to direct, mentor and inspire teams
- Clear and articulate decision-making skills
- Strong portfolio with case studies that prove high proficiency in designing apps for different industries (good Dribbble profile would do as well/ be a bonus)
- Love for the design tools and frameworks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sales and marketing experience is a big plus
- Lead the design team including participating in interviews for new team members, coaching, performance reviews, 1on1s
- Develop and push Railsware brand to a new level of consistency and awesomeness. Make sure our brand touchpoints are well maintained
- Support sales cycle for design work
- Establish processes and make sure they are maintained
- Promote Railsware design work in design communities, including Dribbble, Behance etc.
- Take Railsware design team to the next level
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
We’re an engineering company and our guys write complex apps for clients in over 12 countries around the world. This will put you at the forefront of intricate flows, surprising personas and tons of products brewing over in our Railsware Labs.
Be prepared to keep up with our engineering and product teams and twist your head around really hard interaction problems including a good amount of data-heavy products. Apps would be your major focus, there is a potential to do a marketing site once in awhile, but it won’t be the core.
So far we served guys over at Google, Brightbytes, Calendly, Sendgrid and more. Check our case studies. (http://railsware.com/case-studies/)
Apply >>> http://bit.ly/rwmsHeadofDesign