Pilot (YC W17) is looking for a our first talent sourcer to join a small team working to create a more open job market.
A bit about who we are:
We are Pilot, a Y Combinator backed startup, with a small distributed team working from our office in Wroclaw, Poland, and remotely from San Francisco and London.
Our mission is to create a more open worldwide job market. Today, we’re doing that by helping engineers and designers find well-paying full time contract work, and large enterprises scale technology teams using remote contractors.
Our customers are fast-growing companies with technology teams larger than 100+ that embraced remote staffing as a way to scale their operations.
What you will be working on:
You’ll be the first talent sourcer on our talent team, working directly with one of our founders, who is leading the team.
The talent team is responsible for growing and maintaining our pool of pre-vetted, contract engineers working remotely from all around the world. You’ll be the first point of contact for potential candidates and you’ll handle all the initial interactions. Mostly in writing.
You’ll help people with all their questions, explain how our product works and help interested engineers sign up. We’re not pushy, stay away from aggressive sales tactics and value an open, human approach to communication.
When you don’t talk with people you’ll help us identify new potential candidates that would benefit from using our product. We focus on senior engineers working remotely from countries like the US, Argentina, Poland or Croatia.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. You’ll be in contact with hundreds of people and also working with a distributed team. First-class communication is a must.
- Open and human approach to other people. You’ll be the first point of contact with our company, so you need to set the right tone.
- Knowledge about software engineering landscape. You know what’s the Node.js, React and Ruby on Rails. You don’t need to be a software developer, but you feel comfortable to talk about the technology.
- Strong work ethics. You are reliable and hardworking. You don’t need to work under supervision.
- Experience and desire to work in distributed teams. You can work from our office in Wrocław, Poland, but expect your team mates to be all over the world.
We’d especially like to talk to you if:
Have any experience with software development or QA engineering. It doesn’t have to be a commercial one.
You have experience in sourcing technical candidates.
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Ability to work remotely from anywhere in the world
- We try to hold all most of our team meetings between 7am–9am PST / 3pm–5pm BST / 11pm–1am JST to accommodate as many time zones as possible.
- Option to work from a beautiful office in the heart of Wrocław
Apply here: https://usepilot.workable.com/j/E3D40F2A62