Oferta pracy: Software engineer - Codility
Do you want to help improve the safety of air travel? Do you want to be sure that your neighbour’s pacemaker won’t suffer a kernel panic? Do you hate it when your software crashes in the middle of a video call with some cute someone? Do you believe that the quality of our lives depends on correct and efficient software? Join us.
So far, Codility has tested 500K+ software engineers for Amazon, Samsung, Square, TripAdvisor, Harvard, MIT and 900+ other businesses worldwide. This is just the beginning, and there are only 10 of us! Our story began in China, where Greg, our CEO, wrote a tool to help his team screen candidates for technical interviews. This idea evolved into a startup that helps legions of engineers to recruit and be recruited in a merit-based, efficient and enjoyable way.
You will work in a small team of excellent programmers to implement new features and refactor mercilessly. You will work on our core technologies, which include self-improving test sets, programming language translators, a secure execution sandbox, elastic pricing models and fuzzy code comparison, as well as on new ideas. You will be responsible for writing well-structured code that is fun to work with, both for yourself and for others.
Skills & Requirements
You are smart and get things done. Also:
- You can code blindfolded in at least one imperative programming language (we don’t care which)
- You learn fast (in particular, we’ll need you up to speed in Python in two weeks from day one)
- You understand computer science
- You are brave about attacking complex problems
- You thrive in a startup environment
- You are curious and driven.
Experience with programming contests (IOI, ACM-ICPC, TopCoder…) gives you extra up-votes.
Warsaw and our office
Warsaw University’s Institute of Informatics (MIMUW) is a top-notch CS faculty worldwide. It hosted ACM-ICPC 2012 and is alma mater to world champions in programming and a third of our team. The city of Warsaw is a booming cosmopolitan wannabe with a cool startup scene. We work hard, get challenged every day and learn a great deal. We go out to cool places, eat well and have lots of fun together. We often have guests and people in co-working, so there are extra brains and inspiration to grab. One floor below our office, a yoga school emanates peace and energy. The latter is harvested by mysterious installations at Warsaw Hackerspace, which occupies a dungeon in the basement.
- relocation assistance
- hardware and software of your choice
- books, conferences and mentors to help you grow
- private medical insurance.
Convince us with
- a 1-page CV in PDF format
- a note telling us why a start-up job attracts you;
- three things you like about Codility; and what your greatest challenge has been to date.
(No generic cover letters, please.)