Langu is a fast-growing UK-based language-learning startup that has achieved significant traction and is looking for a new full-stack developer to continue development and help us push into new directions. This is an exciting opportunity take the tech reigns of an established startup with tons of room to grow.
The successful candidate will need to work with the existing stack, although we are flexible about what kinds of technologies you choose to develop further features with. The core of the platform is PHP, though you may not need to be a full-on PHP developer.
- PHP 5/7 (modern MVC frameworks, preferably Symfony 2.x/3.x)
- Linux administration (preferably Ubuntu)
- Experience working across full software-development lifecycle
- A keen eye for UX/UI
- Experience working with 3rd party APIs
- Another modern object-oriented programming language (Java, C#, Python)
We’re looking for someone with a passion for building technologies that connect people, building tools that bring down barriers to language learning.
At the core of your initial responsibilities will be to redevelop our v1 virtual classroom, currently powered by WebRTC (via Tokbox) and Google Realtime API, to include lots more real-time interactive tools and possibly to develop white-label platforms for, among other uses, sports applications. This is a big endeavour that will suit someone looking for a major portfolio project.
We are 100% open to remote working arrangements. We’d love to see you in person whenever possible, but we don’t believe in the necessity of a permanent office. The founding team is Polish & American, currently in Berlin, and the company is UK-based.
We will consider candidates with a variety of backgrounds, from students/recent grads to seasoned veterans. We place high value in passion, vision and communication skills. And we would ideally begin working with you on a part-time basis.
- The opportunity for a pivotal role at an established early-stage startup, helping lead a revolution in how languages are learned.
- Ability to work from home, with flexibility on your working hours.
- Autonomy in a collaborative and supportive environment.
- The chance to develop exciting and significant projects you can call your own.
- Access to an extensive mentoring network and startup community through our accelerator, Ignite.
A bit about Langu:
- We launched an MVP in late 2016, rebuilt/re-launched the platform in February 2017, taken on 3 small rounds of investment, and are currently part of the Ignite Accelerator in the UK.
- Our platform connects professional language teachers with language students for live online lessons in our own virtual classroom.
- We have achieved significant monthly growth on minimal marketing spend and are looking to reach the next level of scale.
- We’re currently a team of 4, and surrounded by a broad network of committed advisors and investors.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com and include a few words about your interest in the role as well as any links that will help us get to know you and your work better (websites worked on, Github, Twitter, LinkedIn etc).
(Strictly no agencies, please.)