Caspio, the leading low-code platform for custom business applications, is looking to hire an exceptional, self-directed Technical Writer. In this role, you will develop expertise and document our technology to help customers learn how to use our solutions. You will plan and create How-To articles, quick guides, video tutorials, white papers, and other materials that educate and promote the usage of Caspio solutions for varying business needs and audiences.
The ideal candidate has a database and website development background to fully appreciate the power of Caspio and can articulate and effectively convey this information through various forms of written communication to technical and non-technical users alike. You will also know a variety of content creation tools and web technologies and have tremendous attention to detail.
- Become an expert user of Caspio's platform and solutions.
- Research, plan, write, produce, and publish external-facing product documentation, including How-To articles, tech tips, white papers, blogs, training materials, video tutorials, etc.
- Partner with other departments to understand and identify customer-facing product documentation needs.
- Review and ensure accuracy of existing documentation in conjunction with each product release.
- Edit content from other contributors to ensure technical accuracy and style guide adherence.
- Keep abreast and apply the latest best practices in documentation and user education.
- Create sample apps and demos highlighting the latest technologies and features.
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or other technology related field preferred.
- Alternatively, a Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, or Journalism with the ability to demonstrate deep knowledge and experience in technical writing.
- 4+ years of experience in technical writing, ideally for software or cloud solutions.
- 2+ years of experience in an editorial role involving proofreading and final content approvals.
- 1+ year of experience with web-based publishing platforms or CMS systems. WordPress experience a plus.
- Strong process orientation with excellent planning and time management skills to own and drive complex documentation projects with minimal supervision.
- Experience in information architecture.
- Exceptional writing skills with a strong, clear, and concise writing style.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to comfortably communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to quickly master complex technical concepts and provide the necessary supporting documentation.
- Experience with image editing software with the ability to design and develop visualizations and graphical representations of technical ideas and concepts preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities concurrently while maintaining high standards of quality and attention to detail.