Technical Engineering Manager
Caspio’s all-in-one cloud platform, Bridge, empowers our customers to create and deploy business applications with little to no code in an easy to use interface. Our customers stretch the possibilities of their applications by linking external services and programs through our built-in integrations and APIs to centralize their database in the cloud on our AWS infrastructure.
We are looking for a Technical Engineering Manager to provide leadership and execute technical projects involving software architecture, design, feature development, and integration while setting the bar for quality, performance, and security for the team.
The ideal candidate is able to motivate a group of their technical peers in alignment with cross-functional business objectives. Previous experience working as a product owner, scrum master, or analyst is advantageous.
Caspio runs over 500,000 applications on our platform for Fortune 500 companies in various vertical markets worldwide. We are considered a pioneer in the PaaS category and continue to be recognized as a Strong Performer in Low-Code Development Platforms.
• Build, manage, and mentor innovative team of Developers to evolve our infrastructure and architecture.
• Coach and mentor employees to ensure skills and deliverables are in alignment with organization’s business needs, in addition to values and standards.
• Direct and execute short and long-term departmental goals and objectives in line with product vision while maintaining appropriate standards of performance for team.
• Plan, organize, and manage appropriate resources and headcount to meet sprints and feature schedule commitments within budget and agreed upon time frame.
• Evaluate and recommend technologies to architect highly performing, secure, and scalable cloud systems to advance our platform.
• Lead collaboration on the scale and design of our back-end infrastructure and solutions with internal teams.
• Optimize and push the boundaries of performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications and features of our platform in an agile environment.
• Monitor and report engineering lifecycle, ROI, KPIs, and other relevant metrics and continually incorporate improvements.
• Set up and contribute to engineering practices, workflows, and processes across global cross-functional teams.
• BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or in a related field.
• 5-10 years of experience in a wide range of programming languages and cloud technologies. Experience with C# on .NET framework is preferred.
• Strong knowledge and passion for best practices in software development, architecture, security, and management of large-scale systems.
• Knowledge of AWS and / or cloud computing technologies and architecture (i.e. RDS, SQS, lambdas, microservices, containers, etc.).
• Hands-on technical leader with previous experience as a Technical Manager or Team Lead.
• Demonstrated experience attracting, managing, developing, coaching, evaluating, and retaining staff. Ability to lead, influence, and motivate individuals and teams. Skilled in holding people accountable,
• Some experience with the cross-functional workflows and processes within a mid to large size team (50+).
• Process orientated with a demonstrated ability to evaluate, automate, and implement change at all levels.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities with the ability to assess risks and make informed decisions.
• Ability to manage multiple cross-functional projects and priorities with competing deadlines and re-prioritize as necessary to align with current business needs.
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills to influence, lead, and collaborate with global cross-functional teams and build productive working relationships within and across teams.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
When applying for this position, please attach your resume in English.