CIC is looking for a Head of Software Engineering.
Who we are?
CIC started in 1999 with a vision and a simple idea: “Startups make the world much better. We can help them by setting up and managing their office for them so they can focus on their business.” We believed we could do that better than anyone else and we set out to prove it. Since then, more than 1400 companies have chosen CIC as their home and many have gone on to prove their value to the world as startups. More than $1.8B of venture capital has been invested in companies that were headquartered at CIC. We now house over 800 companies, most of them startups, and we haven’t stopped making CIC better every day.
You will find more information about CIC at http://cic.us
What the job will be?
As a Head of Software Engineering at CIC you will start from building your own development team in Warsaw, Poland. Your team will deliver variety of projects: from small apps making CIC employees’ everyday work easier to big integrations and redesign of services crucial to clients and operational staff. We believe that this job is one of the most important in the whole organization so we are looking for a true leader with great technical expertise. You will be making your own operational and strategic decisions reporting directly to the top management.
You will find more information about the job at http://cicitteam.pl
What are the requirements?
– hands on experience with Python/Ruby/Java/PHP
– proven record of dev community involvement
– 8+ years of experience working in IT field with recognizable brands or startups
– 3+ years of managerial/team leading experience in IT field
– ability to build and lead team of developers
– ability to make both strategic and organic day-to-day decisions
– experience with designing IT infrastructure
– experience with delivering complex projects within a deadline
– deep knowledge of SQL databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
– strong English speaking skills
What we offer?
– possibility to build and lead a team of software developers
– a key role in an international company
– competitive salary & employment contract
– possibility to create and execute IT strategy for a global brand
– impact on everyday work of thousands of people
– office based in Warsaw
– occasional travel to our other locations (Cambridge, Boston, St. Louis, Miami, Rotterdam)