At EPISTEMIK, we are applying innovative knowledge engineering techniques in the context of several international projects within the startup and non-profit space (currently focused mostly around sustainable development challenges). Some of the technologies, tools and areas we engage with include: RDF (linked data) and graph databases, semantics, GraphQL, AWS services, natural language processing, probabilistic models, and more. We are on a lookout for a junior software developer or data engineer, with solid programming skills and interest in novel problems and technology areas. Initially, this role will be on a fixed-term, part-time basis, but might develop into a permanent position, conditions permitting.
- solid programming skills and interest in software engineering in at least one major language (python, node-js, java)
- familiarity and some experience working with databases (relational, graph, RDF, document stores, search indexes, etc.)
- good understanding of and some experience with designing web APIs
- ability to work independently with a positive and inquisitive (R&D-oriented) mindset
- familiarity and some experience working with AWS services (or possibly other cloud platforms)
- interest in one or more AI areas: natural language processing, data mining / information extraction, knowledge representation / semantic web
- master's degree (or higher) in computer science or a related discipline
In order to apply please send your CV (preferably in English; alternatively in Polish) to firstname.lastname@example.org.