Who we are
We are Kandidate.com – a London based recruitment startup that has helped 100+ European tech companies hire, from VC backed startups to pre-IPO scale ups.
We are a 25+ people team headquartered in London, with our product and marketing team in Poland. We are backed by top investors, including Velos Partners, the VC fund of Facebook’s Co-Founder. We are currently the leading website in the UK for commercial hiring in the tech industry and have helped 100+ startups hire.
We are a two-sided marketplace, connecting 13,000+ candidates who have signed up to our platform with startups that are looking to hire. Top tech companies choose us over traditional recruitment agencies as we help them hire top candidates faster, at a more competitive price point and offer a better user experience. Tech professionals value the job matching accuracy, better user experience and transparency we offer. Our vision is to turn Kandidate into the go-to option for fast-growing companies to hire, especially for sales, marketing and operations role.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a smart and energetic Product Owner to join us, either on a mid (2+ years) OR senior (5+ years) level. Our salary offering is flexible depending on your experience.
This is an ideal role for someone who is currently a Product Owner, Product Manager or Project manager at a startup – or someone at a software agency that wants to move to a more creative role!
As a Product Owner, you will be 75% tactically focused and 25% strategically focused. Your key responsibility involves:
- Analyse preferences and requests of end users. This may include designing and carrying out user interviews as well as surveys.
- Incorporating feature requests from clients, candidates and client delivery team into product roadmap
- Backlog grooming and prioritisation
- Develop user stories and define acceptance criteria
- Set sprint goals
- Write acceptance tests (you will be working with our QA Analyst)
- Plan releases and upgrades
- Follow progress of work and address production issues during sprints
- Keep track of industry trends
- Updating our end users of new features
- Be involved with demoing our product to our client delivery team and clients
- On top of this, we are transitioning from being an early stage startup focusing just on speed to also focusing on processes and structure. This is why we appreciate someone who has worked in a more structured product team, who can bring with them best practises.
This job is suitable for someone who has:
- Worked as a Product Owner, Product Manager or Project Manager
- Ideally you worked in a startup or a company with under 50 people and/ or with product team of less than 10 people
- Familiarity with Agile and technical background is a plus
- Strong communication abilities and highly fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Highly organised and independent
- Enjoys working in a small, flexible and fast moving team
- Most importantly, we’re looking for someone who truly understands our mission and are excited about what we’re building!
WHERE you will work
This is a Warsaw based position BUT we are open to candidates based in other Polish cities too, as long as you are willing to travel to Warsaw 1-2 times a month.
We operate a unique semi-remote work structure: most of us work in the same city, we meet often, but we do our work independently and remotely the majority of the time. We believe highly focused ‘deep work’ is necessary to build a best in class product, and that people do their best work by being able to focus with minimal distractions and work in their own preferred location.
You will have access to our office (a private office located in a very nice co-working space) and can work there whenever you want – sometimes our other team members will be there, sometimes not.
WHO you will work with
You will work closely with:
- Jason , Co-Founder (Product/ Marketing)
- Kate, Employee #1 (Product Manager)
- Our 2 back-end and 1 front-end developer in Warsaw and Poznan (we will be growing our development team in coming months)
- Niko, our QA Analyst
- UX design agency
- Natalia, our Head of Marketing
You can meet our team here. Our CEO and client delivery team is in London, Product & Marketing team in Poland and operations team remotely across USA, Romania, Ukraine and Serbia.
WHAT you will work with
- Backend : Ruby/Ruby on Rails/RVM (Ruby Virtual Machine)/PostgreSQL/puma/heroku/ redis, sidekiq, elasticsearch/bonsai elasticsearch/New relic/Rollbar
- Frontend : React.js, Redux
- Tools: JIRA, ProductBoard, Intercom, Mouseflow