Who we are
We are Kandidate.com - a London based online recruitment startup that has helped 100+ European tech companies hire, from VC backed startups to pre-IPO scale ups.
We are an international 30 people team with offices in London & Warsaw, with remote team members across Eastern Europe & the US. We are currently the leading website in the UK for commercial hiring in the tech industry, growing at 100%> per year, and are backed by top investors including the VC fund of Facebook’s Co-Founder.
What we do
Kandidate is building the most effective hiring solution for startups and tech companies, hiring for sales, marketing and operation roles.
We are a two-sided recruitment marketplace, connecting 14,000+ candidates who have signed up to our platform with startups that are looking to hire. Top tech companies choose us over traditional recruitment agencies as we help them hire top candidates faster, at a more competitive price point and offer a better user experience. Tech professionals value the job matching accuracy, better user experience and transparency we offer.
We offer two products: 1) Clients can access candidates directly through our platform, with the support of our sourcing team and Talent Partners. 2) We also offer an on-site hiring option for startups at a rapid hiring phase, where we will send our dedicated Talent Partner to work with our client at their office.
Who we are looking for
This is a unique role where you will begin as a Talent Sourcer supporting our clients, before becoming our People Operations Manager, where you will recruit for internal roles and take care of our HR needs. This is a Warsaw based position.
We are looking for a smart and driven person with at least 1-2 years of recruitment experience, ideally in a startup or tech company. Our salary offering is flexible and depends on your experience (see 'salary transparency' section for details).
In the first 3-6 months, 75% of our role will be based on Talent Sourcing and 25% will be as an Internal Recruiter. By Jan 2020, assuming your skills have progressed to the right level, you will be given the option to work fully on our internal recruitment needs, or become a senior talent sourcer.
Here's what you’ll do as a Talent Sourcer:
- Work directly with our friendly Talent Manager team in London, who help some of the UK's most exciting startups hire
- Source candidates using our internal platform of 14k+ signed-up candidates, but also other tools such as LinkedIn Recruiter and posting on job boards to source candidates
- Supporting the engagement approach with highly qualified candidates as well as sourcing techniques to identify talent across other channels (Github, StackOverflow, Recruitem, Meetups)
- Building a strong understanding of profiles across multiple disciplines (Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Operations, Product)
- Be continuously trained on the latest sourcing technologies
Here’s what you’ll do as an Internal Recruiter/ People Operations Manager:
- You will be our first and only internal recruiter, working directly with our Co-Founders and senior management
- Full cycle recruitment support for internal roles, from sourcing to interviewing and closing
- Develop our employer brand through attending events, job fairs and conferences and developing the right external partnerships
- People operations and HR responsibilities, such as: legal contracts for employees, monitoring our team’s performance, salaries and bonuses etc.
This job is suitable for someone who:
- Has at least 1+ year of sourcing or recruiting experience, either for commercial or technical roles, ideally in a startup or tech company
- Very strong command of written and spoken English. Native or highly fluence in Polish.
- Enjoys working in a small, flexible and fast moving team
Where you will work
This is a Warsaw based position. In the first 6 months when you are primarily a Talent Sourcer, you will be working remotely with our London team most of the time. However you will also have access to our Warsaw office (a private office located in a very nice co-working space) and can work there whenever you want with our other Warsaw team members.
We believe in being transparent with salaries right from the start. For this role, the starting salary is 6000 to 8000 PLN. The exact salary offer will be made based on your level of experience. If you have ~1 year of relevant experience, then you should expect 6000 PLN. Upon successful promotion to Internal Recruiter role, we will review and increase your salary.
This still be done using B2B work structure. We will need an invoice from you and you will be responsible for paying your own taxes. As a UK company, we do not require you to charge VAT on your invoice.
We don't provide small benefits like sports card - we prefer to just pay you the best salary we can afford and you decide how to spend it! We do however provide a self-development budget for workshops and conferences you wish to attend.
Some of our team members use ‘TwojStartup’ in order to pay taxes at a rate of 14.4% with no ZUS requirement. According to this, 6000zl B2B would mean 5136zl and 9000zl B2B would mean 7704zl. For legal purposes we inform you that this is for reference purpose only, and not tax advice.
Cover letter is not needed. Just answer our application questions in sufficient detail: https://kandidate.workable.com/jobs/1041931/candidates/new
We commit to reviewing every application and will let you know the result even if we don’t select you for next stage interviews.